I am seeing how out of touch with our culture I really am! I will tell you what I mean by this.
1. I had zero interest in the half time super bowl show. Madonna has no meaning to my life and I have no interest in her outfits or acrobatics.
2. I am not concerned about what kind of car I drive or what other people drive. I will be happy driving a mini van all my life. I want a car that gets me to my destination. Expensive, high performance vehicles are silly to me.
3. I buy most of my make up at the Dollar Store. I look at the fancy expensive alluring ads with airbrushed people on them..but just can't convince myself the paint is worth the impossible attempt to look like that..
4. I have never been to a beautician or salon. I use the cheapest hair dye I can find and make a mess most of the time and the perfect finish never once happened..but I cant bring myself to spend time or money sitting in a chair for a hair style that will last 3 weeks.
5. I have never had my nails done. I have no desire for the obstruction of fake nails when I have so much work to do using my own nails.
6. I don't watch TV. If I see it it reaffirms my choice without exception.
7. I would rather cook than go out to a restaurant. My food is healthier and tastes better. I eat white processed bread.
8. I don't want to hear gossip about the neighbor's kids.
9. I would marry my husband again. I would rather be with him than any other person.
10. I love silence.
11. I still have the same purse I had 5 years ago..with my wallet, coupon book and lip gloss in it. Same stuff I had in it 10 years ago. I have never seen or missed seeing a coach purse.
12. I think.
13. I am pro life without exception.
14. I don't like to read what is on the New York Times best seller list...I love the classics and historical fiction and would read nonstop if I didn't have other responsibilities. I am not attracted to any form of pop culture .
15. I believe in Jesus and the precepts in the Nicene Creed.
16. I have no desire to be a homeroom mom or organize class parties. The same kids are here most of the time anyway, and I know how the kids interact.
17. I believe parents are the primary educators of their children and school is meant only to compliment their learning.
18. I believe chastity is possible.
19. I say what I mean. I don't have any hidden meanings with my words. No one ever has to ask, "What does she mean by that?" because it means just what I said. No games.
20. 8 kids. Straight A's. No braces.