Wednesday, May 9, 2012
What Motivates the Mind Of a Hacker?
Identity theft, I sort of get, the money, the credit. Bullying, I sort of get too, feel better about yourself by making another person feel worse. Even the anonymous comments on my blog that are meant to get me upset, I sort of get, because they are aimed at me. But hacking? I do not get this at all. MACs are unlikely to get computer viruses because 5% of the population uses MAC, the other 95% uses windows...so hackers do not want to waste their hacking time on just 5%. What could have invaded the essence of a hacker so much that they would want to take revenge on a whole society of unknown human beings? What could have been so unfair that masses of blameless people have to suffer payback? If I would someday like to write I think I have to come a little bit closer to understanding this nature. But I am not close right now. I feel sad for the anonymous hackers of the world, living their lives in cowardly desperation.
Posted by Annmarie Pipa at 5:34 PM